Local Area Guide: Things to do / Activities / Attractions
Attractions In our Local Area:
- Historic Downtown offering an eclectic variety of shops & restaurants
- Birdsong Pleasure Garden - It is a garden of pleasure and learning, relaxing yet filled with ideas to take home
- Shenandoah National Park & Skyline Drive
- George Washington National Forest
- Shenandoah River, “Andy Guest”, State Park
- Blandy Experimental Farm & the State Arboretum of Virginia
- Thompson Wildlife Management Area one of the largest and most varied populations of Trillium Grandiflorum, White Trillium flowers.
- Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute: Free Lecture Series Spring & Fall & Autumn Conservation Festival
- Skyline Caverns
- Cabins! Allstar Lodging
- Canoe, Kayak, Raft or Tube at Front Royal Canoe Company & Downriver Canoe
- Vineyards & Wineries
- Five top rated golf courses
- Balloon & Airplane Rides
- Horseback Riding
- Explore local history from the time of the Native Americans to the present at the Warren Heritage Society who curate the Belle Boyd Cottage, Balthis House & the Laura Virginia Hale Historical Archives. View the amazing collection of Civil War artifacts at the Warren Rifles Confederate Museum.
- Battle of Front Royal “Brother against Brother” Walking Tour and Driving Tour
Luray Calender of Events- https://downtownluray.com/calendar/
Shenandoah Wine Tours: www.shenandoahwinetours.com / 540-331-6012
Time 2 Wine Tours: www.time2winetours.com / 540-705-0954
Choose from over 40 different restaurants here in the Shenandoah Valley. We feature major fast foods chains, country diners, and formal dining.
Local businesses that participate with the Virginia Green program.
Local attractions in the Shenandoah Valley. Enjoy many outdoor adventures year round.
Enjoy the great outdoors here in the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. You can hike, bicycle, swim, and much more.
Local wineries and wine tasting tours. The loop starts in Luray! Here`s the link: http://www.discovershenandoah.com/whiskey-wine-loop/south-loop/