Virginia Vacation Rental Terms and Conditions
THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE SIGNED AND RETURNED WITHIN 10 DAYS of the date of reservation, Only if you made your reservation over the phone.
Terms and Conditions:
In consideration of the rent received and the mutual promises contained herein, Owner of the Rental Property, through Allstar Lodging Inc. (ASL), his Agent, does hereby lease and rent to Guest(s) such Rental Property under the following terms and conditions:
1. CANCELLATION: In the event a Guest wishes to terminate this agreement, Administration fees are non refundable and 25% of the base rental amount shall be forfeited if the cancellation is made more than 30 days in advance of the arrival date. If cancellation is within 30 days of the arrival date, 100% of the total rental amount shall be forfeited. (This includes cancellation of additional paying guest, pet fees, balance payments, changing dates, or linen fees) Rates are subject to change without notice. All balance payments will be charged if canceling during the 30 day non-refundable time span. We always suggest that you purchase travel insurance.
TRAVEL PROTECTION/TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Allstar Lodging has contracted with CSA, Inc. (800) 554-9839 in order to offer you trip cancellation insurance to protect your vacation investment against hurricane evacuations, injury, sickness, job loss, or death and other unforeseen covered circumstances, which could cause cancellation of confirmed reservation and forfeiture of payments. The optional trip cancellation insurance cost is 6.95% of the Trip Cost, and is automatically included in the Total Balance Due on the Reservation Confirmation and can be purchased either at the time of making the reservation or prior to paying your Final Balance. Payment of the plan will not be accepted after ASL has received your Total Balance Due. You are required to indicate choice to accept or decline optional trip insurance on the Rental Confirmation and Rental Agreement. Please realize that manually subtracting cost of trip insurance from the Total Balance Due on Rental Confirmation, and by not paying premium, indicates decline of optional trip cancellation insurance. We recommend that all Guests purchase this coverage for added financial protection in cancellation situations where we are unable to refund payments. You will have 10 days from the date you receive the trip cancellation policy to review the policy and cancel, in writing, if you do not elect to purchase this coverage. Refunds and coverage issues will be based and determined solely by CSA, Inc. and the existing policy will be issued to Guest if coverage of this insurance has been elected upon making reservation. 2. Online reservation have agreed to terms and condition by checking the box during reservation process. If reservation was not made online and agreement is not returned within allotted time frame, reservation may be canceled at sole option of ASL. Guest understands and agrees that advance rental payments paid by Guest will be disbursed to Owner, ASL, or third parties shortly after its receipt by ASL and Guests do hereby expressly agree and consent to disbursement of the advance rental payment.
3. AGREEMENT OF RULES: Guests agree to abide by all rules and regulations contained therein related to rental of the Rental Property. Guests obligations include but are not limited to keeping the premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the premises permit and causing no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the common area and remainder of the premises that Guest use. Guests agree not to use the premises for any commercial activities or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Guests breach of any duty contained in this paragraph shall be considered material and shall result in the termination of guest occupancy with no refund of any kind.
4. BALANCE PAYMENTS: If reservation is made with 50% deposit, the remaining balance must be paid two weeks prior to arrival, or this Agreement may be canceled by the sole option of ASL. Payments may be made by phone or ASL website. Balance payments run automatically on the same credit card used at the time of booking. All policies contained in this Agreement shall apply equally to payments made by credit card. Any refunds due to Guests from a credit card payment will be refunded by credit card transaction.
5. OCCUPANCY: In no event shall more persons than the capacity of the property as stated on the web site or the confirmation letter, without prior approval by ASL and Owner, occupy the Rental Property. Additional guests not previously approved will incur a $100 per person, per night additional charge. No fraternities, school, civic, house/keg parties or other non-family groups are allowed unless Owner grants prior approval. In no event shall Guests assign or sublet the Rental Property in whole or in part. Violations of these rules are grounds for expedited eviction with no refund of any kind. Guests hereby acknowledge and grant specific permission to ASL/Owners to enter premises at any time for inspection purposes should ASL/Owners reasonably believe that Guests are causing or have caused any damage to Rental Property. Guest further agrees to grant ASL/Owners access to Rental Property for purposes of maintenance and repair. If listed For Sale, Guests agree to grant access by scheduled appointment upon notification.
6. VISITORS: All visitors to your rental property must be reported to Allstar Lodging and must be approved by the owner of the property. If approved by the owner, all daytime visitors will be charged a $15.00/per person fee, and a $5 per pet fee. Overnight visitors will be charged according to our extra person fees as stated in our rules and our pet fee policy. Day visitors must leave the property by 10:00pm.
7. PETS: If the rental property permits dogs, guests must inform ASL of their intention to bring a dog(s). Guest agrees to have not more than two house broken dogs without the express prior approval of ASL and Owner. Guest are responsible for cleaning the area around Rental Property of all pet excretions. Guest agrees to pay a non-refundable Pet Fee, per pet, per night (subject to change without notice). Any material damage by pet to the Rental Property will be the responsibility of the Guests and shall be paid immediately upon written notification by ASL. Any undeclared dog(s) found in or about a NO PET property is grounds for expedited eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid and a non-declared pet charge of $25.00 per pet, per night or any portion thereof at ASLs sole option will automatically be charged to the credit card on file. Any soiled areas/excessive pet hair in the rental property will require an additional $100.00 pet cleaning fee and will be automatically charged to the credit card used for the reservation.
8. DAMAGES : Guest shall be responsible for, and agrees to pay for damage, defacement, or removal of property inside or outside the Premises that is in Guest’s control and will be charged to the card on file. Unless the damage, defacement, or removal is due to ordinary wear and tear, or natural forces. All breakage and property damage during Guest’s occupancy is required to be reported to Agent by Guest.
LONG TERM TENANCIES: For tenancies of 30 consecutive days or more or large groups such as weddings, reunions, corporate retreats, etc. Guests in this category when approved will also be required to pay a $1,000.00 refundable security deposit. This amount is refundable within 15 business days after check out. Amounts of security deposits via credit card are subject to change without notice.
9. INOPERABLE APPLIANCES: No refunds will be provided due to inoperable appliances, pools, hot tubs, gaming equipment, Jacuzzi tubs, elevators, etc. Hot tubs may need to be drained prior to check in. Please allow 6 to 10 hours for hot tub to reheat to approve temperature. Although ASL will make every reasonable effort to assure that such appliances will be and remain in good working order equipment will break down without notice and is out of our control. Also, no refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortage, road conditions, flooding, snow, construction at adjacent properties, or mandatory evacuations of the area by Page County officials due to hurricanes or other potentially dangerous situations arising from acts of god or nature. Please report any non-functioning appliances as soon as possible.
10. LEFT ITEMS: A $20.00 fee, plus shipping cost, applies to any Lost and Found items that ASL is requested to return to Guests. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of ASL.
11. NON REFUNDABLE FEES: Guests acknowledge that a non-refundable Administration/Processing Fee will be payable to ASL for all services involved with procuring this rental for Guests. This charge has been included on the front side of this Agreement and is payable with the initial payment. Guest also acknowledges that Travel Protection Insurance has been offered and if accepted, the non-refundable premium is due with initial payment. Guest is not entitled to any claim against ASL/Owner arising out of Guests inability to complete his/her vacation plans for any reason outside of the control of ASL or Owner.
12. HOT TUBS/POOLS: If a hot tub or pool is provided at the Rental Property, it will be prepared and tested for proper and safe chemicals prior to or on the day of occupancy. Misuse of tub/pool by the spilling of foreign substances into the pool/Spa, i.e. Soaps, alcohol/beverages, oils, glass or metal will result in a $100.00 Service Call Charge plus any additional fees such as: filter replacements, jets, parts, etc. This fee will automatically be charged to the credit card on file and you will be notified via email along with pictures. Under no circumstances are pets allowed in pools/hot tubs. Violation of this provision shall be grounds for expedited eviction. Spa rules posted at each property. Guest agrees not to hold ASL/Owner responsible for any illness or injury caused by the use of a pool or hot tub. Hot tub rules are posted at each property and must be adhered too.
13. LINENS/TOWELS: Guest are responsible for lost or damaged items at the cost of two (2) times the published standard rental price for damaged/lost linens/towels. Linens must be used at all times.
14. UNINHABITABLE PROPERTY: In the event Owner is unable to make Rental Property available for any reason other than described above or a reasonable substitute can not be offered as determined by ASL, guest agrees Owners/ASL sole liability as a result of this unavailability, is to provide a full refund of all monies paid under this agreement. Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Owner/ASL be held liable for any special or consequential damages, which result from this unavailability. Guest also agrees to indemnify Owner/ASL from and against liability for injury/illness to Guest or any other person occupying Rental Property resulting from any cause whatsoever including, but not limited to, injury sustained as a result of use of the phone, spa, hot tub, sauna, whirlpool tub, pool, exercise equipment, elevator, etc.
15. BREACH OF TERMS: ASL may terminate this Agreement upon the breach of any of the terms hereof by Guest. Guest shall not be entitled to the return of any rental monies paid under the terms of this Agreement and shall vacate the Property immediately.
16. OUTDOOR SAFETY: I understand the rules and rental conditions upon which I am agreeing to rent accommodations, equipment, and use of the property, canoe, kayaks, river tubes, bicycles, and land. I acknowledge and accept that the sole responsibility for safety lies with the participant. In agreeing to this, I acknowledge that outdoor, mountain, water, and camping activities and exposure to the natural elements and animals can be dangerous and sometimes result in injury and even death. Riverbanks, streams, steps and decks can be slippery. Animals, insects, and plant life can threaten and infect or injure. Exposure to the elements can cause hypothermia, sunburn, among other risks inherent in participating in camping/outdoor/water activities. I know that alcohol and/or drugs do not mix safely with any outdoor activity. ASL is not responsible for low water conditions of rivers/lakes/fishing ponds due to drought conditions. During summer months water sources may grow a greenish algae bloom that is not harmful to aquatic/human life forms.
17. ERRORS AND OMISSIONS: We have put forth every effort to insure that the information on www.allstarlodging.com (or brochure) is accurate. However, we cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions on our web pages (or brochure), bed arrangements and equipment, or changes in prices. All properties are privately owned and changes may have been made to some of the properties or their contents subsequent to the publishing of this web page. Tenants understand that the functionality of amenities managed by homeowners associations is out of the control of Allstar Lodging Inc. Rates subject to change without notice. Secluded cabins many be less secluded during Fall/Winter months.
18. NEW CONSTRUCTION: New construction may be taking place near rental properties. We cannot be responsible for homes that may be under construction next to or near the home you rent. New construction may also alter the views from homes. Please realize that this is a matter beyond our control. Refunds or substitutions cannot be made.
19. ISSUES: If upon check in or during your stay you experience any maintenance or housekeeping issues, please call ASL/owner of the property as soon as possible so that we/they may have the opportunity to correct any issues. We cannot properly address issues if you wait to report them after you have checked out. We do not consider refunds based on complaints/issues that are not reported upon check in or early during the stay. Check-in and checkout instructions are provided on your confirmation letter. Please follow all checkout instructions or you will be assessed an extra $100.00 cleaning fee that will be charged automatically to the credit card on file. Homes with private wells occasionally experience low pressure, salty, distasteful or discolored water. There may be an unpleasant odor of sulfur. Some guests choose to use bottled water for drinking purposes even though the water is safe for drinking, cooking or bathing.
20. SPECIAL USE of PROPERTY: The use of the Premises is restricted to use by you and your family, unless both parties agree in writing to occupancy by a non-family group or for a special event. A Special Event is defined as any limited gathering, both in time and scope, of individuals greater than the legal occupancy for an intended purpose such as a wedding, family reunion, birthday celebration, etc. Only certain homes host special events. Agent considers you hosting a special event without Agents prior consent or knowledge a material breach of this Agreement. In that instance, you agree to immediately pay an amount equal to the Special Event Fee. You should contact Agent directly for more information.
21. GRAVEL ROADS: Roads leading to most rental properties are dirt and gravel and mountainous and are sometimes bumpy. Agents are not responsible for conditions of road. Many homes are located on gravel and/or private mountainous roads. Please come prepared to drive on these roads to your rental home. If your vacation is in the winter months, you must come prepared to drive in snow, ice, mud, or damaged roads to reach your rental home.We strongly recommend tire chains and/or a 4-wheel drive vehicle, as most homes are situated on secondary roads. Travel insurance is available and highly recommended especially during winter months.
22. CAMPFIRES: Cannot be used when there is a burn ban issued by the county of Page or the state of Virginia. Also do not light fires during high winds. No refunds are offered for these reasons for lose of this amenity. There is a $100.00 fee for burning campfires at a property that does not allow campfires or for cutting down trees at a property. No tee pees or other wooded structures are to be built at the location. Do not throw trash and glass into fire pit area. You will be charged $100.00 to clean this area. Guest are not allowed to cut down owners trees. If trees are damaged in any way guest will automatically be charged $100 per tree and the fee will automatically be charged to the credit card on file.
23. FIREPLACES: Gas and log fireplaces are seasonal and are operational from October through April of each year or as stated on the owners listing. In gas log fireplaces, no items, at all, may be burned in fireplace. Guests agree to pay not less than $100 or more if applicable, if any other item is burned in fireplace. In wood burning fireplaces no item including but not limited to; charcoal, lava rocks, accelerates, etc., may be burned. Guests agree to pay not less than $100 or more if applicable, if any items, other than hardwood or dura-flame type logs are burned. Guests further agree that no fire in any type fireplace or fire-pit will be left unattended.
24. PROPANE GRILLS: For properties with propane grills Guest agrees that charcoal will not be put in the grill, if charcoal is found to be present inside the grill guest agrees to pay for cost of grill replacement and the replacement cost will automatically be charged to the card on file.
25. CONDUCT: Occupancy and use of premises shall not be such as to place the property in danger of damage or to disturb or offend neighbors. No; parties/kegs, excessive speeding through neighborhoods, riding of ATVs or Off Road Motorcycles/Dirt Bikes, excessive noise and/or obnoxious behavior, discharging of Firearms, or Fireworks, etc. The Agents have the prerogative to terminate this Agreement /Contract and to demand that disruptive Guests vacate the premises, thereby forfeiting all rental fees to Agents. No illegal drugs/use at rental property.
26. PAYMENT METHODS: We accept all major credit cards and personal check. We cannot accept personal checks within 30 days of arrival. There is a $25.00 return check fee on all returned checks.
I am over the age of 18 (and assume responsibility for those in my charge under the age of 18.) I hereby assume all legal responsibility for bodily injury to me or to any person on the property as a result of my visit and use, operation or possession of equipment hired or loaned to me. Acknowledging this, I accept complete responsibility for the minor children/guest and myself in my charge and when renting any Rental Property/equipment and engage in activities or events at my own risk. Any reservations made under false pretenses will result in loss of advance payments and possible removal of guest from rental unit.
I will abide by the rules and accept these rental conditions:
1) The property I rent will be returned in the same condition in which it was rented and I will be responsible for all damage and/or loss that occur during my rental period. You will incur an additional $100.00 cleaning fee for not leaving the Rental property in the same condition as you the renter have found it upon arrival. Checkout instructions are included on the customer confirmation letter. The renter also agrees to incur an additional fee of $100.00 for moving of any furniture at the property and will be charged to the credit card used to complete the reservation. Any additional cleaning fees will automatically be charged to the credit card on file.
2) I agree to hold harmless and to indemnify Allstar Lodging and the property owners against all loss, damage, expense and penalty on account of personal injury or property damage to the rental dwellers. The undersigned or to any minor child or children in the charge of the undersigned, how so ever rising, whether by act or acts or failure to act of the employees, owners or animals of the said company or property owners or not.
3) I acknowledge receipt of the property in good order and condition (if found otherwise per my arrival I will contact Allstar Lodging immediately 540-843-0606) and further agree that the owners of the property shall not be liable for consequential damages of any kind or nature from whatever cause arising, whether property or equipment is loaned or rented.
4) I enter into agreement freely with the property owners at my own risk, acknowledging the risks inherent in outdoor and river activities and assume any and all responsibility for the minor children and myself in my charge.
5) All parties agree to and will comply with Federal, State and County pollution laws and any other applicable laws and regulations. Absolutely no hunting or discharge of firearms, discharge of bows and arrows or crossbows, discharge of air rifles or BB guns/Paint Guns, discharge of weapons of any sort. No fireworks allowed on the property.
This Agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the State of Virginia, including the VA VACATION RENTAL ACT, and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in the County within which the Rental Property is located. If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable by law, that part shall be omitted from this Agreement without affecting the remaining Agreement. ASL shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status of any Guest.
The Lady Bug (Beetle) as well as other insects have been introduced to the United States by the U. S. Department of Agriculture as a biological control agent. The tree-dwelling insect can live up to three years. They are a predator of aphids and other pests. They do not bite, sting, carry human disease or feed on wood, clothing or food. They can become a nuisance to homeowners in the fall, when they come inside seeking warmth. Because they are so beneficial, they should be released back outside and not killed. Our pest control provider states that it is illegal to kill ladybugs in the state of Virginia.
Smashing the insects against furniture or drapes can stain, and crushed beetles stink. We suggest using a vacuum cleaner to collect the bugs, then emptying it outside. We make every effort to remove the ladybugs prior to your check-in. If they return during your stay please notify us and we will remove them from the property. Since they are a force of nature that we can not control we do not offer refunds for any pest invasion.
Spa Use Safety Information - If Provided At The Property:
Recommended temperature is 100° degrees F up to 103°. Higher temperatures can place undue strain on the cardiovascular system. Be sure to accurately monitor the temperature. Do not turn off spa/breaker box or set temperature below 100 degrees F. If you notice that the water leave decreases below the jet level please call the owners/Allstar Lodging to replace the water as this will burn up the motor or to receive water replacement instructions. Please do not splash or over load the hot tub with too many guests as this causes the decrease in water level.
Persons with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions should consult their physicians before using a spa. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: DIAL 911
Persons with open sores or any type of infection should not use the spa. The hot water is an ideal environment for spreading infection.
ALWAYS shower first with soap & water to reduce the likelihood of contaminating the spa water & minimize health risks. Do not add bubble bath/perfumes/bath salts to the spa as they can alter the pH balance. NO PETS ALLOWED IN SPA. Also, the chemicals used to keep hot tubs sanitary may cause fading in some swimsuits. Never sit, climb, or jump on the lid.
Limit your soak time to no more than 15 to 20 minutes at a time. Cool off then re-enter if you like. Do not leave the spa uncovered when not in use. This can decrease the water temperature causing the chemicals not to function properly. Women who are pregnant should consult their physician before using a spa.
Never drink alcoholic beverages before or during spa use. Alcohol can make you drowsy & lead to drowning or sudden decrease in blood pressure. Anyone taking medication should consult his or her physician before using a spa. No glass containers allowed around the hot tub. Do not throw trash/empty containers/bottle tops in spa. Please report an alcohol spilled in the tub ASAP as this will interfere with chemical process and turn the water murky/cloudy/green. Please do not set beverages on or near hot tub as they may spill into the tub and change the chemical balance.
Children must not be permitted to use the spa without adult supervision. No children under 13 years old should be permitted to use the hot tub. People with long hair must tie it up to prevent the hair from being pulled into the filter & drain. Never use hot tub alone without supervision.
Never use any kind of electrical appliance or devise while using the spa. Never use your spa during severe weather conditions (i.e. electrical storms, tornadoes, etc.)
Never jump or dive into a spa or hot tub. Climb in carefully. Guest will be asked to leave if they are unwilling to follow safe behavior. NO HORSE PLAY.
Please report any broken glass, spilled bodily fluids i.e. blood, or alcoholic spills that may occur during your use. The tub must be drained immediately if this occurs.
The hot tub is cleaned and checked for proper chemical balance prior to arrival. Please call upon check-in if you have any questions or maintenance issues with the hot tub. If hot tub is not found in the same condition upon check out and we have to drain the spa and refill because of any issues listed above, you will be automatically charged an additional $100.00 to cover the service call as well as any new filters or supplies. Thank you and enjoy your stay!
Please fill out and sign this page as soon as possible, only if you made your reservation over the phone. You may either fax back to our office or you can scan and email back to us.
Please only fax the last page back to us with names and signature and keep the others for your records. Help us save a tree!
I have been offered option Travel Insurance: I accepted_______ I declined________
Names of all guests staying at this property (please include any guest that may visit this property):
___________________________________ ________________________________ ___________________
Renter’s Signature Print Date
THANK YOU for VACATIONING with ALLSTAR LODGING
Fax to: 540-843-0337
All visitors to your cabin must be reported to Allstar Lodging and must be approved by the owner of the property. If approved by the owner, all daytime visitors will be charged a $15.00/per person fee, and a $5 per visiting pet fee. Overnight visitors will be charged according to our extra person fees as stated in our rules and our pet fee policy. Day visitors must leave the property by 10:00pm.